This is our weekly update for the 7th week of 2018. The features and fixes might arrive at the desktop and mobile app a few days later than the web version.
- [Mobile/Performance] In iOS app v1.2.0, rendering is much faster and consumes less memory. The app should now match Safari’s rendering performance.
- [Color label] Added new transparent color label option to clear an item’s color label.
- [Mobile/inbox] In iOS app v1.2.0, sharing a webpage from Chrome no longer crashes the app.
- [Search] Fixed “is:completed” can’t found anything in Search Everywhere when checked items are set to hidden.
- [Export] Fixed document root item’s note is not exported when exporting the document from the file pane.
- [UI/minor] Removed 60 pixels of unnecessary page margins when printing even with the “Narrow document layout” option unchecked.
This is our weekly update for the 6th week of 2018. The features and fixes might arrive at the desktop and mobile app a few days later than the web version.
- [Pro] You can now use the item finder to jump to any item by searching for it! For more information, see the announcement post.
- [Settings] Updated setting dialog to have consistent style with the account setting page. Each option now also has a little explanation if it’s not straightforward.
- [Search] Added new search operators. You now search for “has:color“, “is:heading“, and “heading:” followed by 0~3.
- [Formatting] Fixed undo can only undo making one item bold, after you make multiple items bold in bulk.
- [Formatted] Fixed issue with individual item formatting toggling. For example, let’s say item A is bold and item B is not bold. Before, if you press Ctrl+B while selecting both A and B, A will no longer be bold and B will become bold. Now, A and B will both be bold after you do Ctrl+B.
- [Mobile UI] Fixed navigation header of the date picker is cropped out on tablets.
- [Mobile UI] Fixed share to inbox dialog being blocked by settings.
- [UI/minor] Fixed icon misalignment issue for current root items.
With Dynalist’s file finder, you can already jump to documents and bookmarks pretty painlessly.
Wanna see something cooler? Here’s our latest Pro feature: now you can jump to any item!
It’s exactly like how the file finder works. You search for the item, navigate the results if necessary, and press Enter. Voilà! You’re there.
The shortcut to invoke item finder is
Ctrl/Cmd+Shift+O, which you can customize.
Note: This is a Dynalist Pro feature.
P.S. Since there are way more items than documents and bookmarks, you might run into some funky search results. If that happens, please let us know on the forum so we can tweak the search algorithm. Thanks in advance!
This is our weekly update for the 5th week of 2018. The features and fixes might arrive at the desktop and mobile app a few days later than the web version.
- [UI] Made color labels look better on dark theme.
- [Shortcut] Added empty shortcut for opening the inbox location.
- [Shortcut] Added empty shortcut for toggling the tag pane.
- [Export] Now links are exported as proper HTML links under the “Formatted” tab.
- [Numbered list] Fixed numbering skips items when checked items are hidden.
- [UI/minor] Fixed current line highlight is not updated when editing the note of an item.
- [UX/minor] Fixed not being able to invoke File Finder with Ctrl+O while searching.
- [UI/minor] Don’t show “Use bullet point to zoom” option on mobile to avoid confusion, since the bullet is always used for zooming on mobile.
This is our weekly update for the 4th week of 2018. The features and fixes might arrive at the desktop and mobile app a few days later than the web version.
- [View settings] Now you can change checked items and notes visibility on a per-document basis! You can still set a global default for them in settings. See the updated doc for checked items and notes, respectively.
- [Monitoring] We improved our error logging system so that we can debug client errors more easily and efficiently in the future.
This is our weekly update for the 3rd week of 2018. The features and fixes might arrive at the desktop and mobile app a few days later than the web version.
- [Payment] Added ways to change billing cycle and credit card information (available on the Account Settings page).
- [Settings] Moved account and payment related settings to the standalone Account Settings page so the app settings popup is cleaner.
- [Import] Fixed cannot import OPML that contains certain Unicode characters.
- [Copy/paste] Fixed copied newlines aren’t correctly encoded as Windows format (“\r\n” instead of just “\n”) on Windows.
- [Copy/paste] Fixed spaces copied as non-breaking spaces.
- [Selection] Fixed cursor disappearing if you press Down on an empty current root item.
- [UI] Stop auto-detecting RTL languages before we can correctly position the rest of the UI (bullet points and checkboxes, most notably).
This is our weekly update for the 2nd week of 2018. The features and fixes might arrive at the desktop and mobile app a few days later than the web version.
- Join our 2018 New Year’s Resolution event for a chance to win lifetime Dynalist Pro! Looking forward to hear what ambitious goals you guys are going after this year.
- [UI/minor] Disabled automatic RTL language detection since bullet and checkboxes are still on the left.
Happy New Year, everyone! We can’t believe it’s 2018 already!
2017 flew by pretty fast and below is what we added to Dynalist during 2017:
In 2018, we want to focus on:
- Making the Dynalist experience more seamless. That means you should be to gather information into Dynalist more easily, shuffle and rearrange items more easily, and export to more formats and third-party apps.
- Ironing out small issues here and there to make Dynalist smoother.
- Making Dynalist more extensible so that people can develop for specialized use cases on top of Dynalist.
This is our weekly update for the last week of 2017. The features and fixes might arrive at the desktop and mobile app a few days later than the web version.
- [UI/minor] Fixed “Add note” option incorrectly show up for the current root item when it already has note.
- [Minor] Made the “Clean up newlines” option not show up by default.
- [Minor] Fixed wording on the download page; the desktop apps are no longer in beta.
P.S. We’ll be on semi-vacation for one more week during the holidays, during that time we might be a bit less responsive. Just FYI! And happy New Year!