This is our weekly update for the 27th week of 2017. The features and fixes might arrive at the desktop and mobile app a few days later than the web version.
- Mobile app performance investigation: we’ve identify two major problems and we’re fixing the second issue. Basically, we want to hide items that are not shown so that performance can be dramatically improved for larger documents. This requires us to rewrite the list layout entirely, which we’re almost finished with. This also caused a few hiccups most of which we’ve fixed. This week we’ll finish up the rewrite and move on to implement the performance improvement.
- [Sharing] Added sharing menu option to the document root item in addition to the right click menu of a file in the left pane, to make sharing more discoverable and convenient. So if you want to share a file now, there’s no need to go find the file in the left pane any more.
- [UI/minor] Made icons more consistent in terms of size for images, internal links, dates, etc.
- [Parsing] Only exclude colons in a tag when there’s space following it. So in “#tag: text” only “#tag” is recognized as a tag, and in “#tag:color” the entire “#tag:color” is recognized a tag. This change is made because some people rely on the “#key:value” syntax.
- [UI/minor] Fixed font preference is not applied in certain places in the app, for example, the “Move to” dialog, “Insert internal link” dialog, and the dragged file title text.
- [UI/minor] Fixed cursor misalignment problem in Firefox. It was one of the hiccups caused by our recent layout rewrite.
- [UI/minor] Fixed “is:completed” search operator not behaving when the user accidentally checks off the root item of the document, since it’s not noticeable on the UI.
- [UI/minor] Fixed “What’s New” menu cannot be closed by clicking on the speaker icon again.