This is our weekly update for the 30th week of 2017. The features and fixes might arrive at the desktop and mobile app a few days later than the web version.
- [Mobile] The expand/collapse icons to the right of each item are now easier to tap on. The new version has been released for Android and is under review for iOS.
- [Mobile] Fixed checkboxes being impossible to tap on on mobile. Coming to iOS soon too.
- [UI/minor] Added option to hide the search tips box. This option is in Settings – Preferences – Advanced.
- [Search] Fixed note being incorrectly highlighted when the search term only matches the content of an item.
This is our weekly update for the 29th week of 2017. The features and fixes might arrive at the desktop and mobile app a few days later than the web version.
- [UI/convenience] Now you can click on a bullet while holding Ctrl to open it in a new browser tab.
- [UI/search] Now the search term is cleared when you zoom in a search result.
- [Copy paste] Fixed copy paste not working in Firefox when using Ctrl+A to select all the text in an item.
- [UI/minor] Fixed not all items are printed when first loaded due to the recent lazy load performance optimization.
This is our weekly update for the 28th week of 2017. The features and fixes might arrive at the desktop and mobile app a few days later than the web version.
- [Performance] Huge performance improvement for large documents. Before, all items are loaded into view when you load the document. Now, only the items that you can see are loaded, dramatically reducing load time. This improvement will help mobile apps the most, since phones are not as powerful as computers in most cases (coming to mobile apps soon).
- [Tag pane] Section in the tag pane are now collapsible.
- [UI] When the URL points to a zoomed in item and you refresh the page, before you will see the document itself flash by, which is both slow and annoying. Now, the page directly loads the zoomed in item.
- [UI] Fixed cannot scroll the login page on iOS app (coming to iOS app soon).
With the release of the iOS app, the 50% off early bird price will end soon. The price change will go into effect at midnight July 15, 2017 EDT.
If you subscribe before the price change happens, your account will be eligible for the early bird price for life, even if you unsubscribe.
In other words, if you have subscribed before the price change happens, no matter if you decide to unsubscribe or stay subscribed afterwards, you’ll always be eligible for the early bird price.
Feel free to let us know if you have any questions about the price change!
This is our weekly update for the 27th week of 2017. The features and fixes might arrive at the desktop and mobile app a few days later than the web version.
- Mobile app performance investigation: we’ve identify two major problems and we’re fixing the second issue. Basically, we want to hide items that are not shown so that performance can be dramatically improved for larger documents. This requires us to rewrite the list layout entirely, which we’re almost finished with. This also caused a few hiccups most of which we’ve fixed. This week we’ll finish up the rewrite and move on to implement the performance improvement.
- [Sharing] Added sharing menu option to the document root item in addition to the right click menu of a file in the left pane, to make sharing more discoverable and convenient. So if you want to share a file now, there’s no need to go find the file in the left pane any more.
- [UI/minor] Made icons more consistent in terms of size for images, internal links, dates, etc.
- [Parsing] Only exclude colons in a tag when there’s space following it. So in “#tag: text” only “#tag” is recognized as a tag, and in “#tag:color” the entire “#tag:color” is recognized a tag. This change is made because some people rely on the “#key:value” syntax.
- [UI/minor] Fixed font preference is not applied in certain places in the app, for example, the “Move to” dialog, “Insert internal link” dialog, and the dragged file title text.
- [UI/minor] Fixed cursor misalignment problem in Firefox. It was one of the hiccups caused by our recent layout rewrite.
- [UI/minor] Fixed “is:completed” search operator not behaving when the user accidentally checks off the root item of the document, since it’s not noticeable on the UI.
- [UI/minor] Fixed “What’s New” menu cannot be closed by clicking on the speaker icon again.
This is our weekly update for the 26th week of 2017. The features and fixes might arrive at the desktop and mobile app a few days later than the web version.
- Mobile app performance investigation. We’ve received several reports about how the app freezes or crashes when there are too many items in a document. We’re looking into the problem!
- Ctrl+click to select non-adjacent items. After that you can use the menu options or keyboard shortcuts to apply bulk commands to the selected items. (Coming soon to the desktop app)
- [Link parsing] Fixed URL includes closing parenthesis.
- [Google Calendar] Fixed all-day events having incorrect end date for certain third party apps (see details in this forum post).
- [UI/minor] Fixed note jumps by a few pixels when it gets focused onto.
This is our weekly update for the 25th week of 2017. The features and fixes might arrive at the desktop and mobile app a few days later than the web version.
- iOS app released. More improvements coming to mobile soon, stay tuned!
- [Mobile] Made the toolbar a sliding menu to avoid the three dot menu getting cut off by the keyboard. We’ll add back setting color label and heading very soon! (Coming to mobile apps in the next version)
- [Mobile] Better Google login on mobile apps. Before, you had to log in with your browser and the process was horrible. Now, a popup appears within the app to choose a Google account. (Already in iOS, coming to Android app soon)
- [Mobile] Made expand/collapse icon easier to tap. (Coming to mobile apps in the next version)
- [UI/minor] Made the setting popup larger (we also did an internal refactor for all legacy popup code).
- [UI] Fixed can’t resize the left pane.
- [Tagging] Fixed tags not excluding colons.
- [Search/UI] Fixed document title is not displayed if search query matches the note of the document in Search Everywhere.
Woohoo, the Dynalist iOS app is finally here!
With the iOS app, you can view and edit everything on the go, even when you don’t have internet connection.
This is just a beginning, and we look forward to adding lots of mobile specific enhancements in the future. Help us improve by sending us feedback on how Dynalist can make you more productive on the go!
Finally, special thanks to our 100+ closed beta testers. Thanks for testing it out and providing early feedback!
This is our weekly update for the 24th week of 2017. The features and fixes might arrive at the desktop and mobile app a few days later than the web version.
- We’re working to pass the App Store review on the iOS app. We’re going to implement native Google login and remove all upgrade channels within the app to pass the review. Stay tuned!
- [Very minor] Now when you reply to a share invite email, the reply goes to person who invited you, not us.
P.S. Dynalist moved to a new office last week and that took a lot of our time. All moved in now, and hopefully we’ll be more productive this week!
This is our weekly update for the 23th week of 2017. The features and fixes might arrive at the desktop and mobile app a few days later than the web version.
- We’re working to pass the App Store review on the iOS app. There are some issues with the app that we need to quickly touch-up. Scheduled for a call with Apple later today. Stay tuned!
- [Search] Made remembering scroll position play nice when entering and exit search. Now, both the cursor position and the scroll position will be remembered upon entering search and restored when exiting search.
- [UI/minor] You can now middle click the node bullet to open an item in a new tab.
- [Tag pane] Reduced lag caused by tag pane display while typing.
- [Export] Change the “note” attribute to “_note” in OPML export for interoperability with other outliners.
- [Search/minor] Added “color:none” search operator.
- [Keymap] Fixed cannot customize shortcuts to Ctrl+Enter.
- [UI/minor] Fixed cannot drag item to the first position under a list when there’re hidden checked items there.
- [Android app] Fixed accidentally introducing invisible line separator Unicode characters would cause “No document is open” errors.