Last month we’ve been working on refreshing the mind map view (a Dynalist Pro feature).
The prototype has been there all the time (look at this jumpy screenshot from three years ago!). This time around, we made a bunch of improvements:
- The nodes no longer jump around
- Markdown and links are properly rendered
- Zoom in and out with your mouse wheel to see the big picture
- Breadcrumb on the top
- Go back and forward in browser history
- Mind map view is encoded in the URL
How to use
You can open the mind map view from here (Pro account required):
And voilà! You have a mind map version of your document!
If you need some Dynalist Pro trial time to give it a try, don’t hesitate to drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re happy to help!
There are lots of improvements we’d like to bring to the mind map view.
To list a few of them:
[Done] Make it use the font you choose in settings [Done] Switching document while in the mind map view doesn’t work yet
- Make items in mind map editable
- Display color labels and headings (coming soon!)
It’s an experiment, after all, it’s by no means a standard outliner feature. So whether we would continue to develop things on this list would depend on how the mind map view is received.
That means, if you have any feedback or ideas on how to make the mind map view more useful, feel free to let us know! Thanks so much 🙂