We’ve now upgraded the underlying engine. Please note that you’ll need to re-download the installer from our official website.
- Now uses native spellchecker which should be faster and less resource intensive. Available spellchecker language will depend on what’s installed from the OS.
- Updated Unicode support for recently added emojis and Unicode characters.
- Lower memory usage and faster performance.
- Includes all recent security patches, although none is known to affect Dynalist.
- Fixed auto-detect theme not working on the desktop app.
Hi Dynalisters, happy April Fools’! (This update is not a joke though!)
- New formatting for highlighting text. You can write “==your text here==” to highlight text, and the text will look like it highlighted with a yellow highlighter.
- More intuitive sorting. Now sorting uses natural numbers and ignore punctuation.
- Your cursor position is restored when zooming out from a collapsed parent item.
- Fixed dragging an item to create a new document won’t update links to itself.
- Fixed can’t collapsed an item that’s already collapsed when searching.
- Fixed collapsed states not properly synced in some cases.
- Fixed inserting attachments not working on iOS.
- Fixed tag and link auto-complete lags by one character behind your query on iOS.
Sorry for the missing updates for the past two months—our dev team has been pretty swamped with Obsidian and personal matters. We’ll try to resume our monthly updates from now on!
- There are two new custom shortcuts for inserting today’s date and current time respectively. You can find them in Settings – Keymap – Formatting or by search for “current” under Settings – Keymap.
- Now internal links will be auto-updated and continue to work when you drag and drop or use Item Mover.
- Now when using relative date format, all day events will show name of the day rather than “X hours ago”.
- New custom shortcut for activating search and replace on the current selection.
- When dropping items under a collapsed parent, now the drop location will follow the “Move item to” settings in Settings – Preference – Advanced.
- Fixed finder input not properly focused on open in Safari.
- Fixed shortcut to go to inbox not working in flat search.
- Fixed collapsed state not properly synced in rare cases.
- Fixed tooltip leaving behind weird lines.
- Fixed tooltip not working properly when text is too long.
Hi Dynalisters, below is we’ve been up to in November:
- Fixed couldn’t change global search and do another search.
- Fixed going back from global search goes to no document is open screen.
- Fixed hotkey to go to note does not work on iPad with Apple Keyboard.
- You can now drag and drop multiple items into the left pane to create document.
- Link autocomplete now strips out formatting.
- Fixed code block looks broken when only first line of note is visible.
- Fixed date picker appear out of screen on small screen on desktop.
Hi Dynalisters, below is we’ve been up to in October:
- Allow duplicating while multi-selecting on mobile.
- Fix Enter would sometimes create a newline rather than a new item when using Gboard on Android.
- Fixed auto capitalization fails after using Tab.
- Make word count accurate for more languages.
- Selection is now preserved when exiting search.
- Dropping a file into an empty folder now highlights it instead of showing a line, making it consistent with dropping a file into a non-empty folder.
- Zooming no longer automatically focuses on the item
unless “Auto-focus on first item” is turned on.
- Fixed backlinks to the root item of a document are not rendered.